E-commerce refers to any means of business transaction conducted online. In simple words “eCommerce is the buying and selling of goods and services online”. The most popular example of eCommerce is online shopping, which is defined as buying and selling goods through the internet.
Ecommerce is one of the fastest-growing parts of the economy. Stores built with e-commerce are also known as online stores and are one of the most in-demand business models of today. They’re straightforward, understandable, and most of the time, they have a relatively low difficulty to enter.
When it comes to eCommerce labels it includes giants like Amazon, eBay, and retail chains that also have online stores, like Walmart and Target. But it also includes hundreds of smaller businesses that have built online stores on their websites. In the last decade, e-commerce platforms have become widespread all over the world.
WordPress is the perfect platform for launching an eCommerce.Due to its huge collection of dedicated eCommerce themes, and fantastic eCommerce plugin.
Why is WordPress a Great Option for eCommerce?
- WordPress Has a Wealth of Plugin Solutions: Plugins are small bits of software that can be uploaded to WordPress to expand its functionality and WordPress has tons of eCommerce plugins to choose from. Some plugins enable you to build and run an online store, while others help you with managing inventory and customers.
- Many WordPress Themes Provide E-Commerce Options: A theme is a design package that determines your website’s WordPress and plugin’s look, style, and layout. It’s important to choose a theme that is designed specifically for e-commerce. Many themes provide a lot of customization options.
- Security Options for WordPress are easy to find: The WordPress development team has gone through lots of improvements and has updated many versions so the core WordPress software is now incredibly secure. Furthermore, many plugins are developed especially for Security purposes.
- WordPress Community Support is at Your Fingertips: WordPress has gone through many ups and downs and has a large dedicated community devoted to perfecting it. WordPress has a big community that is always evolving and learning together to develop a more secure and secure system.
- SEO Friendly: With WordPress, you can customize every single page of your website for SEO. You can create title tags, and meta descriptions, and optimize URLs.you can add extra SEO plugins for further optimizing your website to ensure better rankings.
- Simplicity: In addition, You don’t need to be an expert through simple guidelines you can set up eCommerce perfectly. With the click of buttons, you can set up your eCommerce website.
- Site Analytics: Most WordPress themes and eCommerce plugins are integrated with reporting and analytics tools. Therefore using this function you can track sales, visitors, stats, and behavior.
- Unlimited Possibilities: In addition, you can add an unlimited number of categories, pages, and products.
WordPress Ecommerce Plugins
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is the most popular way to create an eCommerce store. It is a free WordPress plugin that integrates with both new and existing versions of WordPress. It is easy to use one-click installation. It is the most comprehensive solution that enables you to sell both digital and physical goods on your WordPress website.
- Easy Digital Downloads: Easy Digital Downloads (often referred to as EDD) are the best way to sell products with WordPress.EDD offers a simple, intuitive plugin for managing and selling digital products on WordPress. Therefore it is a lightweight plugin with all the necessary features to sell products hassle-free. EDD is a bundle of a variety of extensions ranging from basic to advance and is best suitable for the sales of digital products. EDD has more features focused on digital sales, and the interface is much cleaner. One of the reasons for EDD’s success is that the core plugin is free.
- Cart66 Cloud: Cart66 Cloud provides a WordPress eCommerce plugin with most of its features built-in. it’s easy and simple to configure. The plugin supports the sale of both digital and physical products. It has taken action to minimize the number of add-ons for the plugins to work smoothly. If the issue of site weight is a concern, cart66 should help out, it keeps the site lightweight and straightforward.
- Ecwid E-commerce Shopping Cart: Unlike WooCommerce and EDD, Ecwid is not a naïve WordPress Plugin instead of a Sass Solution for eCommerce and it is integrated easily with WordPress. It can also be used with other websites such as Drupal, tumbler, Facebook, and more.
- WP eCommerce: WP eCommerce is the oldest WordPress eCommerce plugin. The original eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It comes with a lot of features that let you create a beautiful online store. It offers integrations with tons of different payment gateways. The plugin ensures secure payment with available free gateways.
Free eCommerce WordPress Theme
Astra: Astra is one of the lightweight, super-fast WordPress themes. That is optimizing for creating eCommerce sites, especially with WooCommerce. It is suitable for all WooCommerce websites and is ready to boost your sales. Astra comes with over 150 templates.
Neve: Neve is a flexible, multipurpose WordPress theme that provides powerful woo-commerce features and is fully optimized for online shops. You can create a fabulous eCommerce website easily. with its useful features you can always benefit from your website
Leto: Leto is a great WordPress theme that is compatible with Woo-Commerce. Which contains a package with built-in widgets. It is a theme that will put your products and deals in the spotlight. It is a simple theme for small to large-sized eCommerce businesses.
Estore: Estore is compatible with both WooCommerce and YITH Woo-commerce plugins. With the compatible feature, you can change as your customers wish such as their wishlists. It is 100% customizable and includes many custom widgets for letting you change according to customer wishes. Estore gives your site full authority to attract more customers and revenue.
Easy step to set up an eCommerce store
Step 1: Get a Domain Name and Web Hosting
To start you need two things.
- A domain name: is a unique store web address
- Web Hosting: a server that stores your website. There are different hosting providers and choose one that suits your best.
Step 2: Install WordPress:
WordPress is free, you just have to go to wordpress.org and download the latest version. Upload the zip file of WordPress that you have downloaded then follow the on-screen instructions. You will go through the whole process step-by-step, just follow the simple steps.
Many hosting companies have one-click installations better check that options.
Step 3: Install WooCommerce Plugin
Ready to go for the eCommerce functionality with the WooCommerce plugin. WooCommerce Plugin is Free. Simply use it easily.
- Go to Plugins >> Add New
- Search for WooCommerce Plugin
- Click the Install Now button
- Click the Activate button after installation.
- On the left sidebar, you will see “Woo Commerce”.
- Click on it and you‘ll go through the Setup wizard.
- While setup you will ask to enter Store Details, Industry, Product Types, and Business details. If every step is correct then your setup is complete.
Choose a theme that suits your store best. You can use the free WooCommerce theme of the premium one as you wish. By default, WooCommerce works with WordPress Default themes.
Step 4: Choose a Payment Gateway, Currency, Shipping, and Set up Taxes
The best of WooCommerce can accept online payments.
Go to WooCommerce >> Settings >> Payments.
PayPal is included.
you can choose PayPal for your payment gateway.
Go to WooCommerce >> Settings >> General
In General Options there are options such as Tax rates, currency, and shipping.
Setup as you need your site to perform.
Step 5: Build Your Store
Add Product and services. Fill out all the details that are required.
Step 6: Extend WooCommerce
There are lots of free and paid Extensions and plugins available to enhance your eCommerce site. Choose to add the plugins for extra support and make a site better. Grow your store by adding functionality with extensions.
In conclusion, eCommerce has become the first choice for the store owner. WordPress has developed so much that with this software and plugins, you can be the owner of your eCommerce portal. With the current scenario, it’s possible to set up your online store in a few clicks thanks to WordPress for making these things possible. With the easy setup, you can personally set up your store. Build a store and start a business right now.